Unveiling a spectrum of digital innovations at CES 2024, Mercedes-Benz is at the forefront of transforming the customer experience, both within the vehicle and beyond. A highlight is the groundbreaking MBUX Virtual Assistant, powered by generative AI and cutting-edge 3D graphics, fostering natural, intuitive, and personalised interactions between users and their vehicles. Operating on the newly developed Mercedes-Benz Operating System (MB.OS), this assistant promises an unparalleled digital journey. Mercedes Benz showcases cutting-edge technologies and exclusive features that you will get to read in this blog.
Exclusive Sneak Peek at CES 2024 Mercedes Benz Showcases
The following cutting-edge upgrades in Mercedes Benz showcase how committed the brand genuinely feels about enhancing every aspect we encounter within our cars; it sets them apart from other manufacturers by showcasing innovation through meaningful strategic partnerships focused solely upon providing consumers with top-tier driving experiences!
Concept CLA Class makes its North American debut
The Concept CLA Class, premiering in North America, is showcased on the innovative Mercedes-Benz Modular Architecture (MMA). The collaboration with Will.i.am results in MBUX SOUND DRIVE, a novel in-car music experience. Simultaneously, partnerships with Audible and Amazon Music redefine in-car audio storytelling. Notably, the North American debut of the camouflaged all-electric G-Class prototype adds to the CES excitement at booth #4941 in the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Unveiling its Concept CLA Class at CES 2024, Mercedes Benz showcases the capabilities of MB.OS, marking a significant milestone in automotive technology. Built on the advanced Mercedes-Benz Modular Architecture (MMA), this electric marvel redefines its class with an innovative electric drive and a strong commitment to sustainability. The Concept CLA Class boasts a remarkable single-charge range of over 466 miles (750 km) and an energy efficiency of approximately 12 kWh/100 km. The vehicle’s in-house electric drive unit (MB.EDU) achieves an impressive 93 per cent efficiency over long distances. Thanks to the 800-volt architecture, rapid charging capabilities allow for an additional 248 miles (400 km) in just 15 minutes. Mercedes-Benz plans to release four models based on the MMA platform, including a four-door coupe, a shooting brake, and two SUVs.
Immersive driving experience from the studio to the streets
In the realm of in-car entertainment, Mercedes-AMG collaborates with entrepreneur will.i.am to introduce MBUX SOUND DRIVE at CES 2024. This groundbreaking technology uses sophisticated software to synchronise music with the vehicle’s driving dynamics, transforming every journey into a dynamic musical experience. Additionally, Mercedes-Benz partners with Audible and Amazon Music to revolutionise in-car storytelling. Leveraging the immersive capabilities of Dolby Atmos, this collaboration offers a dynamic audio experience, encompassing audiobooks, Originals, podcasts, and music.
Modern thrills and old classics – turn the automobile into a gaming hub
Further embracing the convergence of technology and automotive, Mercedes Benz showcases new platforms and partnerships to enhance its in-car gaming service at CES. Collaborating with the retro games streaming service, Antstream Arcade, the brand integrates cloud gaming into its vehicles. Moreover, the company showcases its vision for immersive in-car gaming, exemplified by a futuristic runner game in the current E-Class. This integration combines the computational power of MBUX with interior vehicle sensors and actuators, transforming the car into a gaming hub.
DRIVE PILOT and other new features now available on EQS saloon and S-Class
Notably, Mercedes Benz showcases a significant milestone with the introduction of DRIVE PILOT. As the first and only SAE Level 3 conditionally automated driving system certified in the U.S., and approved for use in California and Nevada, it marks a groundbreaking leap in autonomous driving technology. The 2024 EQS sedan and S-Class models equipped with DRIVE PILOT are set to be delivered in early 2024, available through authorised Mercedes-Benz dealers in California and Nevada. Further enhancing the EQS sedan’s appeal, a new Executive Interior Package is introduced, significantly enhancing rear-seat comfort.
Discover the Full Spectrum of Mercedes Benz Excellence
- Mercedes Benz showcases groundbreaking advancement at CES 2024 with the MBUX Virtual Assistant, running on the innovative MB.OS. Setting a new benchmark for human-like interaction in a Mercedes-Benz, this assistant amalgamates the intelligent systems of MBUX into a singular, customer-facing entity, ensuring a natural and empathetic engagement.
- A descendant of the system featured in the VISION EQXX, the MBUX Virtual Assistant employs generative AI and proactive intelligence to simplify and enhance life by offering personalised suggestions based on learned behaviour and situational context. Its capabilities include initiating preferred activities like playing the latest news, activating massage programs, or facilitating conference calls for a seamless and tailored user experience. The integration of ambient lighting and sound further elevates this experience.
- Magnus Östberg, Chief Software Officer at Mercedes-Benz AG, emphasises the hyper-personalised future of the Mercedes-Benz user experience, stating that the MBUX Virtual Assistant, powered by generative AI, establishes a relationship between car and driver characterised by trust and empathy. The MB.OS chip-to-cloud architecture is instrumental in delivering precisely what customers need when they need it.
- The MBUX Virtual Assistant is defined by four key personality traits—Natural, Predictive, Personal, and Empathetic—culminating in a holistic and fully-rounded interaction. It prioritises natural communication, offering a seamless blend of voice and graphic interfaces. Users can engage with the assistant using or omitting the keyword ‘Hey Mercedes,’ employing large language models for natural dialogue. The Predictive trait enables proactive suggestions and routines based on learned behaviour and generative AI. Adding an emotional touch, the assistant utilises a more expressive neural voice, showcasing different speaking styles to evoke empathy. Tailoring this assistant to personal preferences is facilitated through a range of options available in a central hub.
- Visual communication takes a quantum leap with MBUX Surround Navigation, leveraging MB.OS domain integration. This feature integrates real-world views with the car’s reactions in real time, enhancing situational awareness. Incorporating 3D graphics made with Unity’s game engine, this intuitive overview displays information crucial for driving, such as traffic type, pedestrians, hazards, and route guidance.
- The introduction of new 3rd-party apps and content via over-the-air (OTA) updates enriches the user experience. The E-Class is a precursor to MB.OS, receiving an update in early 2024, featuring a Meetings app for Microsoft Teams conferences, further enhancing productivity. Additionally, partnerships with Booking.com, getAbstract, Just Eat Takeaway.com, and others add convenience, while cloud-based retro gaming from Antstream Arcade enhances entertainment options.
- Mercedes-Benz showcases its video streaming offering with the integration of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s RIDEVU service. This collaboration brings an array of video entertainment directly into Mercedes-Benz vehicles, offering users advanced controls and features tailored for in-car use.
- Introducing MBUX Collectibles, Mercedes-Benz pioneers an in-car app for digital art and collectables based on NFTs. Users can create a private art gallery by connecting their personal NFT wallet, with curated collections and sneak peeks at upcoming releases showcased at CES 2024.
- Finally, the Concept CLA Class, premiering at CES 2024, highlights the role of MB.OS as the foundation for a hyper-personalised Mercedes-Benz experience. Running on the forthcoming MMA platform, this family of vehicles offers a glimpse into the future of a connected and digitally integrated driving experience. MB.OS, with its chip-to-cloud architecture, ensures seamless integration into the vehicle, continuous updates, and full control over sensors and actuators.
Mercedes Benz plans to revolutionise the user-car interface using advanced technology for a seamless and immersive experience. The automaker announced its latest in-car tech enhancements at the Consumer Electronics Show 2024 held in Las Vegas, including an artificial-intelligence-based virtual assistant that boasts state-of-the-art generative capabilities. Additionally, Mercedes Benz showcases its innovative Sound Drive audio system with futuristic features integrated into upcoming models.
In addition, partnering closely with online media giants like Audible and Amazon Music is part of Mercedes Benz’s strategy towards expanding customised options for customers on-board while travelling – access effortless podcasts or audiobooks without any distractions during long car rides! If you want to read more such informative blogs, visit our website Savewithnerds.