Apple held its global world famous event called “Far Out” on 7th September 2022. They introduced numerous new variants and products with new features, powerful batteries, and better screen time. So, Savewithnerds comes to you rescue with a detailed blog about Everything you need to know about iOS16
iOS 16 brings with itself many new features such as:
Here are some more details about the all new iOS16 update:
iOS16 will be available in all models from this coming Monday, i.e.: 12/09/2022. It has introduced redesigns, the ability to edit and delete your messages, customizable lock screens according to your preference, improved focus modes, and improvements for apps such as the home, mail, wallet and much more.
- Notifications will roll up from the lower part of the screen, hence being less invasive.
- The option of Live Activities will track events – from sports to workouts.
- You can mark messages as unread, delete them or even edit them as per your preferences.
- Through the mail app, you can schedule your emails, you can cancel delivery and receive whatever follow up reminders you want as well.
- They have introduced features in maps such as multi stop routing. The news app also has new features such as posting about sports channels and live updates about the same.
- They have introduced the Apple Pay Later feature which allows you to pay for all the Apple products and lets you track all your deliveries and purchases as well.
How to download the iOS 16:
Apple has made developer betas that can be installed on your products as a software and you can get all the features that iOS16 offers.
Here is a list of compatible devices with iOS16 software:
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 plus
- All ipad Pros
- iPad (5th, 6th and 7th generation)
- iPad mini 5
- iPad Air
Steps to follow:
- You have to plug your iPhone or iPad into your Mac through your cable.
- Click the finder option.
- Click on the device name.
- Check the general tab and click on the option of “back up data on ___ device”
- Click backup now
Some features you get:
- Lock screen customization
Switch between your preferred lock screens by holding down the screen and swiping. You have the option of choosing layered effects, colour options, animated views of the moon, solar system, earth, emojis, image suggestions etc.
Lock screen gets widgets that give you information about upcoming events, weather, battery levels, time zones, etc.
You can now get a clear view of your lock screen because the notifications get rolled up from the bottom instead of utilizing the entire screen. You can choose to have the notifications in either a stacked format, count format or a pinch format.
3. Live activities
iOS16 helps you to keep a track of everything that is happening in situ, be it workouts, sports games, food deliveries etc.
4. Improved focus mode
Focus mode comes with new features such as wallpapers, widgets, control center and a personalized setup experience as well!
Focus filters set up boundaries within apps like mail, messages, safari, calendar etc.
You can now edit or delete a message for 15 minutes after you have sent it and recover deleted messages for upto a complete 30 days.
You can make hands off calls and vice versa by connecting bluetooth headsets to your device.
Users can mail and cancel it within 10 seconds of delivery of the mail. This enables iPhone users to edit their mails as soon as possible and make as few errors as possible.
iOS16 is a new and updated version which offers numerous features and flexibility to all Apple users. With new features in ApplePay, mails, messages, cameras, facetime and etc, iOS16 as a software update does not disappoint.